To receive a National Interest Waiver and EB-2 visa, applicants must substantiate that, based on their exceptional ability and experience, bypassing the labor certification process is in the best interest of the U.S. Applicants seeking an EB-2 visa must provide evidence of the following:
- The merit and significance of their endeavor – EB-2 visas are granted to individuals in fields of national importance to the U.S., such as business, science, technology, and education
- The applicant’s ability to advance this endeavor as demonstrated by their education, experience, current progress, and future plans
- Demonstration of value – the applicant must present evidence that the benefits of waiving the labor certification and job offer criteria are advantageous to the U.S.
- EB-2 National Interest Waiver petitions much also include documentation of at least 3 of the following criteria:
- Applicant holds a degree in the field
- Applicant has at least 10 years of documented work experience in the field
- Applicant holds professional licensure or certification
- Applicant holds a salary indicative of exceptional ability in the field
- Applicant belongs to professional associations in the field
- Applicant holds recognition in the field by peers or governmental acknowledgment
- Any other relevant evidence of ability and experience.
The expert team of immigration attorneys at the Law Offices of Fariba Faiz are knowledgeable in evaluating and the documentation and qualification requirement necessary to secure EB-2 National Interest Waiver Green Cards. We have helped many advanced degree holders and exceptional ability workers achieve EB-2 employment-based immigration without a labor certification or employment sponsor.